- Proper dress code is a very important part of maintaining the educational objectives at Passion Dance Academy. It reflects the structure and discipline of the class and removes any extra distractions from a student’s dance training.
- Our goal as teachers and mentors at Passion Dance Academy is to develop the artistic side of each student through movement as he or she progresses in dance technique. Therefore, we require that a standard of proper attire and appropriate neatness be observed at all times. The teacher reserves the right to not allow class participation by a student who regularly neglects this requirement.
- Cover-ups are REQUIRED to be worn over dance attire in and out of the building.
- Underwear is NOT to be seen if you choose for your dancer to wear them. Both tights and leotards have cotton-lined panels and act as underwear.
- Stud or small earrings are the only type of jewelry that is permissible in dance class. Watches, necklaces, large rings and bracelets are potentially hazardous.
- Hair must be securely pulled away from the face for ALL CLASSES. For ballet classes, ballet buns are required. If hair is too short to make a bun for ballet, please pull hair away from face into a ponytail and secure with clips and hair spray. For jazz, modern, contemporary, and tap ponytails or ballet buns are acceptable.
All female students should wear light pink footed tights under a solid black camisole leotard (no rhinestones, designs, or elaborate straps) and pink ballet shoes (leather or canvas) in all ballet classes. Ballet shoes must have elastic sewn across the in-step. Please do not wear tights that are dirty or have large holes or runs. Tights should be convertible if students are taking pointe class or an additional class that requires bare feet. A wrap-around ballet sweater may be worn at the teacher’s discretion. No other warm-up or cover-up attire is permissible in class. Students may bring a separate solid color chiffon skirt to be worn at the teacher’s discretion.
All male students ages 4-12 should wear black- knitted shorts or leggings, a white fitted t-shirt, white socks, and black ballet shoes (leather or canvas). All male students ages 12+ should wear black tights, a dance belt undergarment, a white-fitted t-shirt, white socks, and black ballet shoes. Ballet shoes must have elastic sewn across the in-step. No warm-up or cover-up attire is permissible in class.
All female students should wear a solid color leotard (black is preferable) with pink tights worn underneath the leotard or black jazz pants/leggings worn over the leotard. All male students should wear a solid color fitted t-shirt with black jazz pants or leggings. Black or tan jazz shoes must be worn for all jazz classes. Tap shoes must be worn for all tap classes.
All female students should wear a solid color leotard (black is preferable) with pink tights worn underneath the leotard or black jazz pants/leggings worn over the leotard. All male students should wear a solid color fitted t-shirt with black jazz pants or leggings. Students are barefoot for contemporary classes.
Students should wear street clothes that allow for ease of movement (no jeans). Hats are allowed. Footwear includes tennis shoes, sneakers, or high-tops (free from dirt and gravel).
Students should wear clothing that allows for ease of movement (no jeans). Footwear includes black or tan jazz shoes. Tap shoes may be required for some choreography.
Dance attire may be purchased in Richmond at Ellman’s Dancewear, Disco Sports or The Dancer’s Spot. Attire may also be purchased online with Discount Dance Supply.